A contest is running now until
September 23 October 21st on Facebook in the 3D Printing group, which currently has over 17,000 worldwide members! They are using the YouMagine platform to host the files.
The theme centers on your most creative way to launch a Nerf-compatible dart so the world in your oyster, keep it simple or make it crazy complicated!
You can read below the detailed rules and many opportunities to win something great from an amazing prize pool from some of the best 3d printing companies in the community.
So join the Facebook group and get designing!
Nerf Dart Compatible – Launchers & Guns
This means it can be handheld, robotic, rubber band powered, air powered. Anything! As long as it can launch a dart!
4 weeks! Starts 8/26/2016 and ends at 11:59pm (GMT -7hrs) on 9/23/2016
- Feasibility to Print
- How well the design functions
- Percentage of the design that is 3D printed vs off the shelf parts.
- Entries will be judged by David Gaylord from MatterHackers as well as the group’s Administrative Team!
How to enter:
- Design & 3D Print a Nerf Dart Compatible Launcher or Gun
- Upload design STL & Picture’s (or Video) to www.youmagine.com
- Set Design Category to “Contest”
- Tag Design with “#3dpgnerf4um2”
- Choose your preferred license but make sure you check mark “Wiki Mode”
- Post your design to 3D Printing Group on Facebook (optional but recommended)
- You MUST be a Member of 3D Printing Group on Facebook, so be sure to join if you have not already! If we are unable to verify your Facebook account is a Group Member, you will forfeit your prize.
- Your entry MUST be on youmagine.com to qualify
- Please do not enter existing designs (we will check)
- You may enter more than one design, but you can’t win more than one prize
- Design MUST include pictures or video of actual 3D Printed Design. Renderings do not count, entries lacking pictures or video of the 3D Printed Design will not be qualified.
- Live on Planet Earth, This contest is World Wide!
- Have fun!
Prizes! 9 Chances to win!
- Grand Prize winners design will be featured on YouMagine and Ultimaker websites!
- Ultimaker 2+, AND a Surprise bundle of 7 Ultimaker filaments
- Ciclop 3D Scanner Kit from CowTech Engineering
- PrintItIndustries – Caldum Series Heated Bed & E3D Lite6 Hotend
- 3DPrintNerd.com – 4 Spools of PLA/ABS filaments
- All Professional 3D – 3 Spools of PETG filaments
There will also be runner-up category prizes!
Most Over Engineered Design:
- 1x Spool each of the following filaments.
(FiberForce Nylon, PolyMaker PolyCarbonate PC Plus, Proto-Pasta Silver Smoke HTPLA From Hawk3D Proto)
Best Theme Design (This can be from a Movie or Game!):
- Two (2) Lucky winners will get 2x 1kg Spools of filaments (each winner) from MakerSome!
Most Difficult to Print and/or Assemble:
- 2x Spools of Pro Series Filament from MatterHackers
Most Creative Design:
- Sample of every filament made by Proto-Pasta (even some unreleased ones!)
- A Plated Nozzle From Proto-Pasta!
- A Afinibot3D Printing Pen & Modified3D Finishing Tool from NWA3D!
Most Minimalistic Design:
5x .5kg Spools of PLA or ABS from 3Dprinteruniverse.com
Contest Sponsors List